Welcome!

This blog has been created to explore different Web 2.0 technologies. Come back often to see what new information I have uncovered!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Blogging

Now that you've learned a little about blogging, admitt it, I have made you curious enough to begin your own. Well, GREAT! Let's start blogging!

I am currently blogging at Blogger, and I have found it to be very user friendly. When you sign-up you are able to choose from a variety of different backgrounds, setting such as who may view your blog, as well as the title and web address you would like your blog to have. Once you have set your blog you may begin posting as well as changing the font style and color, background colors, and layout. Even though you have chosen a pre-made background, this is your time to really make your blog your own!

As a teacher in Howard County I have been approved to use Edublogs with my students. This is a great blog site for teachers because of the security settings available. When the teacher sets up the blog they allow for only the students to access the blog. The students may read the entries and post their own comments. However, when their comments are posted they do not directly go to the site. The students' posts are sent to the teacher for approval before they can be seen by other students on the blog. This is a great feature to prevent any inappropriate comments from making an appearance on the class blog. I have set up a blog on this site for use with my class this coming fall. Check it out!

No comments: