Welcome!

This blog has been created to explore different Web 2.0 technologies. Come back often to see what new information I have uncovered!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Blog Basics

Until I began this blog I was actually unsure of what a blog was myself. After setting up an account and writing a few entries it is difficult to imagine not blogging. I am hooked! With a little background information and ideas for use, hopefully you will soon love them too!

What is a blog? The term blog comes from the two words web log. A blog is a website maintained by an individual who posts written entries, links to websites, pictures, audio, and/or video. Some blogs are written to inform while others are personal thoughts and opinions like a diary. Blogs may be available to the public or viewed by invite only. Viewers may post comments on entries as well. Personally, that is my favorite part! I have had a few of my peers already post a few comments to my entries. It is pretty cool to know that other people are reading what I write and want to take the time to tell me about it.

But, why? Well, each blogger has their own personal reasons. For some it may be to share facts and information that they know about top new stories, politics, or sports. For others it may be to share thoughts and opinions and receive feedback. Then, there are those who are required to create blogs for course they are taking. But, for whatever the reason, us bloggers are communicating. In this high tech, on the go, society of today blogs give people an outlet for communication that fits their schedule. When the news happens, when a thought pops into your head, or when tomorrow is the deadline for the last entry, the blog is always there waiting for the next post.

Let's get ready to BLOG!

No comments: